What’s new in Forest, Fields and the Falls?
- Professional narration available for the stories
- Works on mobile devices, including iPads
- Glossary for challenging words
- Simplified version of the Flour Milling story
- Accessibility features
These are general tips for using the Forest, Fields and the Falls site. Ask your school technology support staff if you need assistance.
- Search the stories on Forest, Fields and the Falls by using a Cmd-F or Ctrl-F and enter your search term.
- Open larger primary source images by right clicking on an image and selecting “Open in a New Tab.”
- Print any of the primary source pages by opening them in a new tab. Right click on the link and selecting “Open in a New Tab.”
- Print the stories on Forest, Fields and the Falls by tapping the Share button in the browser tool bar. Select the Print icon. You must be set up on a network printer.
- Hold the iPad in Portrait View in order to see larger primary source images.
- In Chrome on the iPad, you can Search the stories by tapping on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the browser. Select “Find in Page…”
- In Safari on the iPad, you can Search the stories by tapping the Share button in the browser tool bar. Select the Find in Page icon.