Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Minnesota Historical Society! Visit the opportunities below for more information.
What's the process?
- Scroll through the list of opportunities below. Click on the title that interests you most.
- Follow the directions in each opportunity description or click the blue "Become a Volunteer" button at the bottom of the page.
- Tip: This list can be sorted by status or by location.
- Under 18 years old? Make sure your parent or guardian downloads and completes a Student Addendum. You'll need to submit this with your application and two references.
- 18 years or older? Due to the nature of our volunteer opportunities, all adult applicants are required to complete and pass a criminal background check (CBC). This will require your SSN, your birth date, and a prior residence – MNHS covers the cost.
- Keep an eye on your inbox! Once we receive and process your application, we'll reach out via email to schedule a time to chat.
- Questions? You can reach us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (651) 259-3187 Monday–Friday 9:00 am–4:30 pm CST.
|Fix-It Crew||Forest History Center||Open|
|Green Thumb Volunteer||Alexander Ramsey House||Open|
|Green Thumb Volunteer||James J. Hill House||Open|
|Green Thumb Volunteer||Charles Lindbergh House and Museum||Open||People Team|
|Historic Fort Snelling Fifes and Drums||Historic Fort Snelling||Open||Specialist Team, People Team, Student Volunteers|
|History Day Judge||Open|
|House Host||Alexander Ramsey House||Open|
|Lindbergh Collections Crew||Charles Lindbergh House and Museum||Open||Specialist Team|
|Lindbergh Trail Scout||Charles Lindbergh House and Museum||Open||Project Team|
|Marbles & Mischief Greeters||Charles Lindbergh House and Museum||Open||People Team|
|Museum Gallery Assistant||Mill City Museum||Open||People Team|
|Naturalist Volunteer||Forest History Center||Open|
|School Programs Greeter||Minnesota History Center||Open||People Team|
|Special Event Volunteers - Metro Area||Open|
|Visitor Experience Host||Split Rock Lighthouse||Open||People Team|
|Visitor Services Ambassador||Oliver Kelley Farm||Open||People Team|
|Volunteers & Interns Support Crew||Minnesota History Center||Open|
|Field Trip Greeter||Historic Fort Snelling||Filled||People Team|
|Garden Associate||Oliver Kelley Farm||Filled||People Team|
|Garden Associate||Historic Fort Snelling||Filled||Specialist Team|
|Golf Cart Driver||Jeffers Petroglyphs||Filled||People Team|
|Golf Cart Driver||Historic Fort Snelling||Filled||People Team|
|Guest Services Ambassador||Historic Fort Snelling||Filled||People Team|
|Invasive Plant Species Removal - Group Volunteers||Jeffers Petroglyphs||Filled||Project Team|
|Museum Assistant at the Atlatl Range||Jeffers Petroglyphs||Filled||People Team|
|Museum Assistant Flint Knapping||Jeffers Petroglyphs||Filled||People Team|
|Museum Assistant Prairie Specialist||Jeffers Petroglyphs||Filled||People Team|
|Museum Assistant, Sherlock Holmes Exhibition||Minnesota History Center||Filled||People Team|