- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- Parking spots are available in the on-site parking lot. A state park vehicle parking permit or daily parking fee is required.
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
- Staff trained in first aid
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- There is an on-site parking lot. A state park vehicle parking permit or daily parking fee is required.
- Site is accessible to people in wheelchairs with the exception of one outbuilding, but there are two areas where you can observe the interpretation of that building.
- A family restroom with diaper-changing station is available in the visitor center.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs, and events upon request with minimum one-week notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact Historic Forestville at 507-765-2785 or email@example.com.
MNHS statement on accessibility
Historic Forestville welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact Historic Forestville at 507-765-2785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the museum access specialist at 651-259-3480 or email@example.com.