- Two disability parking spots are located near the Treaty Site History Center entrance. Unmarked parking directly next to trails.
- Service dogs welcome.
- There is no staff at Traverse des Sioux.
- There are no restrooms at Traverse des Sioux. Accessible restrooms available at adjacent Treaty Site History Center.
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The main site trail is level gravel.
- Locations to sit along the trail are available.
MNHS statement on accessibility
Traverse des Sioux welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact 507-934-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the Museum Access Specialist at 651-259-3480 or email@example.com.