- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- Free onsite parking is available
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
- Staff trained in first aid
- Communication accommodation available upon request
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The visitor Center is wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Public restrooms in the visitor Center include accessible facilities and diaper changing stations.
For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- Audio guide is available.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs, and events upon request with minimum two weeks notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact 320-532-3632 or email@example.com.
- All media is closed captioned.
MNHS statement on accessibility
The Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact the Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post at 320-532-3632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.