Take a free guided tour to see the restoration effort up close and get an overview of Capitol history, art, architecture and state government.
Free Guided Tours
- The second-largest self-supported marble dome in the world
- Exterior marble cleaned and repaired
- Decorative art, murals and paintings restored to original 1905 patterns and colors
- Exposed limestone foundation walls and new public spaces in basement
- Stories about the Capitol's history, art and architecture
- The chambers where government decisions are made
- Weather permitting, walk to the Quadriga (golden horses) on the roof
Visit the first floor information desk for tours.
Free guided tour times
Tours leave at the top of the hour and are 45 minutes. Tours begin at the Capitol Information and Tour Center located in Room 126 on the first floor to the right side of the main (south) entrance.
|Day||First Tour||Last Tour|
|Monday–Saturday||10:00 am||2:00 pm|
|Sunday||1:00 pm||3:00 pm|
Have a group?
Please reserve your group of 15 or more people 2 weeks in advance. Groups of fewer than 15 people do not need reservations. See group tour options.
Education programs are engaging, relevant to your curricula, and built to meet state standards. Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more, and must be made two weeks in advance.