- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- Free on-site parking is available at the visitor center. There is 1 disability parking spot in the lot.
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
- ASL interpretation available upon request
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The visitor center is wheelchair accessible.
- There are standard wheelchairs available for visitor use. There are also two GRIT all-terrain wheelchairs available for accessing the petroglyphs for those interested.
- Wheelchairs are available for visitor use.
- Trails to the petroglyphs are wheelchair accessible. A golf cart can also be provided when a staff member is available.
- The prairie trail is not wheelchair accessible unless using an all-terrain model.
- Public restrooms in the visitor center include accessible facilities and diaper-changing stations.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs, and events upon request with minimum two weeks' notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact 507-628-5591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MNHS statement on accessibility
Jeffers Petroglyphs welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact Jeffers Petroglyphs at 507-628-5591 or email@example.com.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the Museum Access Specialist at 651-259-3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.