- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- There are no disability parking spots in front of the museum.
- Street parking.
- For patrons with limited mobility, contact us at 218-291-4211 or firstname.lastname@example.org for parking in the rear driveway and using the back door.
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The museum is not wheelchair accessible.
- There are 8 steps leading to the front entrance. There is no ramp.
- There are 18 stairs and no elevator between the first and second floors of the Comstock House.
For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- Audio descriptions and guide are available.
- Several tactiles available along the tour.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- All media at Comstock House are closed captioned and looping technology is available.
- ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs and events upon request with minimum two weeks notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact us at 218-291-4211 or email@example.com.
MNHS statement on accessibility
The Comstock House welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact the Comstock House at 218-291-4211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the Museum Access Specialist at 651-259-3480 or email@example.com.