We're excited to welcome you back to Snake River Fur Post. Learn about health and safety protocols and additional information below to help you plan your visit.
Plan Your Visit
Keeping us all safe
Our priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers. Please read for details about health and safety precautions:
- Face masks are encouraged but not required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- MNHS sites reserve the right to request masking in areas where social distancing is unavailable, in confined spaces, or in areas with limited air circulation.
- We are conducting enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and providing hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- If you are feeling sick, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19, please visit us another time.
- Most visitors spend about two hours at the site.
- Don't forget your camera and a good pair of walking shoes! The historic site offers walking paths and trails with spectacular views of the river and a variety of natural landscapes.
- Canoes are welcome on the Snake River! Boat landings are located two miles up or down river of the site. Canoes are not available for rent; please bring your own.
- Service animals are permitted. Pets are not allowed.