- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- There are two disability parking spots in the parking lot with curb cuts.
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
- Staff trained in first aid
- Communication accommodation available upon request
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The visitor center and historic site are wheelchair accessible.
- The trading post has a ramp entrance.
- Paths to the historic site are crushed limestone trails, and all meet ADA grade requirement.
- Seating is available along the paths.
- Public restrooms in the visitor center have accessible stalls.
For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- Tactile opportunities are available throughout the visitor center and historic site experience.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs, and events upon request with minimum 10 days notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact us at 320-629-6356 or email@example.com.
- All media is closed captioned.
MNHS statement on accessibility
The Snake River Fur Post welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs. please contact the Snake River Fur Post at 320-629-6356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.