Come to Jeffers Petroglyphs and immerse yourself in the beauty, history, and culture of this ancient and sacred site.
Plan Your Visit
Visitors and staff are not required to wear masks while on-site. The CDC and MDH recommend masking for all unvaccinated people. Please be respectful of staff and visitors whatever their decision.
Keeping us all safe
We've put safety measures in place to protect the health of our visitors, staff, and volunteers:
- We are conducting enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and providing hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- If you are feeling sick, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19, please visit us another time.
- The best time to view the carvings is at dawn and dusk, when the angle of the sun casts deep shadows that seem to raise the images from the rock.
- Evening hours are offered on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in the summer so visitors experience the petroglyphs when the light is optimal.
- Plan to spend at least two hours at the site for the full experience.