Come to Jeffers Petroglyphs and immerse yourself in the beauty, history, and culture of this ancient and sacred site.
Plan Your Visit
Keeping us all safe
Our priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers. Please read for details about health and safety precautions:
- Face masks are encouraged but not required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- MNHS sites reserve the right to request masking in areas where social distancing is unavailable, in confined spaces, or in areas with limited air circulation.
- We are conducting enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and providing hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- If you are feeling sick, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19, please visit us another time.
- The best time to view the carvings is at dawn and dusk, when the angle of the sun casts deep shadows that seem to raise the images from the rock.
- Evening hours are offered on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in the summer so visitors experience the petroglyphs when the light is optimal.
- Plan to spend at least two hours at the site for the full experience.