- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- Free on-site parking is available at the visitor center. There is 1 disability parking spot in the lot.
- Service dogs welcome
- First aid kits available
- ASL interpretation available upon request
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The visitor center is wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Public restrooms in the visitor center have accessible stalls.
- Two Grit all-terrain wheelchairs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis making the tours, rock path, and prairie trails accessible.
- Golf cart rides to the tour and rock outcropping are available upon request.
- Parking lot and walkways are made of crushed rock which can be difficult to move a standard wheelchair through. The parking lot is approximately 300 feet away from the visitor center.
- The guided tour path is made up of broad walks and paths that go onto the surface of the rock outcropping which is on an incline and has uneven walking surfaces.
- The prairie trails are minimally maintained mowed paths through the prairie and have uneven walking surfaces due to prairie plant growth and animal use.
- There are benches along all of the trails on the site.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs, and events upon request with minimum two weeks' notice. For general visitor ASL requests, please contact 507-628-5591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MNHS statement on accessibility
Jeffers Petroglyphs welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact Jeffers Petroglyphs at 507-628-5591 or email@example.com.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the Museum Access Specialist at 651-259-3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.