- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- Three disability parking spots are available.
- Tour and school buses can also park free on site.
- Distance from parking lot to visitor center accessible entrance is 180 ft (about half a block).
- Service animals welcome.
- First aid kits available.
- Staff trained in first aid.
- Communication accommodations available upon request 14 days in advance.
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The main house is wheelchair accessible by a side ramp. The house is wheelchair accessible on the first floor only.
- The carriage house is wheelchair accessible by a side ramp.
- One wheelchair is available for visitor use. Please call 651-296-8760 for availability.
- There is a small restroom on the first floor of the main house. A fully accessible modern restroom is available in the carriage house.
- There are 25 stairs to the second floor and 19 steps to the third floor during the standard house tour. An informational book and seating is provided for those who cannot see the upstairs section of the tour.
For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- Braille signs for restrooms.
- Lighting is dim due to the historic nature of the house.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- ASL interpreters are available for school groups, special programs and events upon request with 2 weeks notice.
- Printed information available on site.
MNHS Statement on Accessibility
The Alexander Ramsey House welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs please contact the Alexander Ramsey House at 651-296-8760 or email@example.com.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact the Museum Access Specialist at 651-259-3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.