Explore the many faces of the state's first governor, Henry Sibley, a fur trader and Minnesota’s first state governor who lived at this site. Through events and seasonal guided tours, come explore four of Minnesota's oldest surviving buildings and learn how and why this site played a significant role in the shaping of the state.
Keeping us all safe
Our priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers. Please read for details about health and safety precautions:
- Face masks are encouraged but not required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- MNHS sites reserve the right to request masking in areas where social distancing is unavailable, in confined spaces, or in areas with limited air circulation.
- We are conducting enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and providing hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- If you are feeling sick, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19, please visit us another time.