Split Rock Lighthouse has been attracting visitors nonstop since the 1920s, and for good reason. Start planning your visit today!
Plan Your Visit
- Don't forget your camera and hiking shoes. The historic site and adjacent state park offer spectacular views of the lighthouse and Lake Superior, both from the cliff top and from along the shoreline.
- Weather can be unpredictable on the North Shore, with cooler temperatures even in summer. Prepare for your visit by dressing in layers.
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems are prohibited without written permission from the site manager. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No smoking/vaping, food, or beverages on the historic grounds.
- Service animals are permitted. Pets are not allowed on the historic site.
- Historic site is closed from sunset to sunrise.
- A state park vehicle permit is required whenever the historic site visitor center is closed.