See the history of the forest as you never have before – from the water! Our guided paddling adventure tour will offer you a unique perspective on how the Mississippi River has shaped the geography and history of Minnesota.
Mississippi River Paddling Adventures
Join Forest History Center staff on a kayak adventure exploring the natural history of the Mississippi River.
We'll be on the lookout for beaver, birds, bugs, bulrushes and so much more. Learn how the river has impacted our landscape and our history.
Come get your feet wet and have some fun on a guided tour of our little stretch of the Mighty Mississippi.
This 90-minute guided tour is for ages 10 and up.
Before you go
- 10 years of age or older.
- 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
- Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion.
- Get on/off or in/out of a kayak independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
- If we need to cancel due to weather conditions or other unsafe circumstances there will be a full refund or the opportunity to reschedule.
- Life jackets are mandatory and will be provided. You may bring your own, but it must be Coast Guard approved.
- Participants must provide life jackets for children under 55 lbs.
- Personal kayaks may be used, but the price will remain the same.
- Those who choose to take valuables on the river assume all responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur.
What to bring
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather and/or sun protection.
- Your feet will get wet so plan accordingly. Closed toed shoes preferred. No flip-flops, please.
- Non-breakable water bottle.
- Towel, dry clothes and shoes (if desired).
- Snacks (if desired).
- Keys can be left at the front desk.