Plan Your Visit
The Forest History Center offers fun, learning, and adventure for the whole family. Step into the north woods — plan your visit today!
- Most visitors spend an hour in the visitor center, and an hour and a half at the logging camp.
- Don’t forget your camera and a good pair of walking shoes! The historic site offers trails through a variety of natural landscapes inhabited by wildlife.
- Service animals are permitted. For safety reasons, service animals are not allowed in close proximity to horses in the barn.
- Pets are not allowed.
Health & safety
Our top priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- We continue to regularly clean high-touch surfaces and provide hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- We respect each individual’s decision regarding face masks. While masks are not required, we welcome staff and visitors who choose to wear them.
- If you are feeling sick or have flu-like symptoms, please visit us another time.