- The copy services window is located in the Gale Family Library’s Weyerhaeuser Reference Room
- The deadline for placing same-day photocopy orders is 30 minutes before the library closes
- Most items in the collections may be copied by our staff, unless they are too fragile or are subject to legal, contractual, or copyright restrictions
- Because of the historical, unique, and sometimes fragile nature of our materials, there are no self-service copy machines at the Gale Family Library
- Permission must be obtained from the Minnesota Historical Society to publish or display any items copied from the MNHS collections. For questions about permissions, please see use permissions and licensing or contact our permissions team.
- Black-and-white photocopies
- Color photocopies
- Copy stand rental
A copy stand is available in the Weyerhaeuser Reading Room for researchers who wish to photograph items from MNHS’s collections themselves. There is a use fee of $2 per hour. Call 651-259-3301 or ask at the copy services window to reserve the stand. Note: on-site library patrons can often take digital photographs of materials, but some materials cannot be photographed. Please see the camera use policy and ask at the reference desk before taking any photographs.
For current on-site rates and costs, view the copy services price list.
- Distance copy request
Staff can make photocopies or PDF scans of specific materials. Payment is required in advance.
- Research services
Browse a variety of basic research services that can be ordered through our online store system.