Legacy Field Trip Support Fund
Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs. Available to schools statewide.
- School must be in Minnesota.
- 25% or more of school's students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Field trip to an MNHS historic site or museum must take place between September 4, 2023 and June 14, 2024.
- Funds may only be used to offset transportation costs.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our scholarships, grants, and subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed at the rate of $8 per student that attended the field trip.
- Reimbursement checks will be sent within 40 days of the field trip’s completion. After you complete your application and receive confirmation of your reward, no other action is required to receive your reimbursement - just enjoy your field trip!
- Schools may apply to use Legacy Field Trip Support Funds more than once in the same school year, but field trips may not occur on the same date.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Funds may not be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply
- The number of students who will be attending the field trip.
- The name of the Minnesota Historical Society metro historic site or museum you intend to visit.
- The date of your intended field trip.
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch (FFRL) Program on school letterhead in the form of a PDF to attach to the online application.
- Fill out the online application.
- If funds are available, they will be applied to your reserved field trip.
Your Field Trip
Applying for Legacy Field Trip Support Funds does not schedule your field trip. Be sure to book your field trip.