Historic Fort Snelling is not open for school field trips during the spring of 2022. We look forward to serving you in fall of 2022. Currently booking for summer 2022 field trips.
Sign up for the MNHS education enewsletter to receive information on reopenings, free resources, and more.
Summer field trips
Bring your summer group to Historic Fort Snelling to participate in the fort field trip and discover there is more to history than meets the eye.
New this summer
- Explore a newly revitalized site
- Experience a one-room schoolhouse lesson
- Use an activity map to take a Story Adventure into the past and learn the stories of people who have lived in and around the fort
Wednesdays–Fridays • 10 am–4 pm • June 1–September 2
- Length of program: 2 hours
- $8 per student
- Free bus parking
- Picnic area available
Reservations are required. There is a fee for cancellations and/or rescheduling less than two weeks before the scheduled field trip.
200 Tower Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 55111
Bus directions and parking
- $8 per student, $80 minimum group fee
- Teachers and staff free
- One free chaperone per five students. Additional chaperones invoiced at student rate.
No payment will be accepted the day of the field trip. All schools will be invoiced after their trip. For more information see our Program Policies.
Construction to create a revitalized Historic Fort Snelling is underway. Museum store and amenities are available at the historic fort.
Scholarships, grants, and subsidies
Apply for scholarships, grants and subsidies.