Schedule Your Field Trip: Historic Fort Snelling
Step 1: gather information
- School / Organization name, address, and phone number
- Name and email address of teacher or other leader who will receive confirmation materials and serve as group contact
- Grade level(s)
- Date and time you'd like to visit, with two alternate dates
- Number of students
- Number of chaperones
- Lunch plans (only outdoor space available)
- Accommodations for special needs your group requires
Step 2: contact the scheduling office
Field trip details
School field trip hours & availability
- Fall: Sept 28–Oct 28, 2022: Wed–Fri, 8:45 am–last arrival at 3 pm.
- Spring: April 11–June 10, 2023: Tues–Fri, 8:45 am–last arrival at 3 pm.
Length of field trip: 2 hours
Group minimum is 10 paid participants or $80 fee. Advance reservations required two weeks prior to field trip.
Scholarship funds & subsidies
Scholarship funds and subsidies are available to schools to help offset the cost of field trips and transportation. Discounts based on your school’s Free and Federal Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL) enrollment are available. Please check with your administration for your FFRL enrollment numbers.
Summer field trip hours & availability
- June 1 - Sept 2, 2022: Wed–Fri, 10 am–3pm.
- More information about Summer Field Trips.
- Outdoor grassy space and picnic space are available. There is no indoor lunch space available.
- There are no refrigerators or microwaves for school group use.
- Groups from multiple schools may share the outdoor lunch spaces.
- Please bring garbage bags to dispose of your trash.
Call 1-888-387-5008 if accommodations need to be made for allergies or accessibility needs.
School groups are welcome to visit the new museum store located in the Plank Visitor Center but must be accompanied by an adult visiting with the group.
No payment will be accepted the day of the field trip. All schools will be invoiced after their trip. For more information see our Program Policies.