Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discounts
Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discounts offers financial assistance to serve schools with 50% or more enrollment in Federal Free and Reduced Lunch programs.
- Any students in grades K-12.
- 50-74% Federal Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for a 50% discount on admission/program costs to our sites. Schools with 75%-100% Federal Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for a 75% discount on admission/program costs to our sites.
- Discount will be applied to admission/program costs once the appropriate documentation has been received.
- Field trips to an MNHS historic site or museum must take place between September 4, 2023 and June 14, 2024.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our scholarships, grants, and subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works
- Eligible schools will receive reduced admission/program costs for all students and adults.
- Schools may apply annually; having received a reward in a previous year does not make a school ineligible. We require a new letter every school year.
- The Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discount may be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please submit your schools FFRL status on school letterhead, signed by administration to the scheduling office prior to your visit to qualify. We can not change the pricing on the day of the visit or after the visit has taken place. Email a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Field Trip
Applying for a Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discount does not schedule your field trip. Be sure to book your field trip.
Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discounts are an in kind gift on behalf of the Minnesota Historical Society in its effort to make sure all students and teachers equity of access.