Before you come
- Give a copy of your schedule to all the teachers coming with your group.
- Assign students to specific chaperones. A ratio of one chaperone for every five students is recommended. One chaperone per five students is admitted free during your Mill City Museum visit. Extra chaperones will be invoiced at the student rate.
- Make name tags for your students.
- Make copies of directions and parking information for bus drivers and chaperones.
Bus directions and parking (PDF)
Chaperone parking information (PDF)
- Please review the allergy and Baking Lab lesson information.
Prepare your chaperones
- Preview: send them the link to the Chaperone page to get them excited about their day.
- Chaperones are responsible for the conduct of the students they are accompanying. Mill City Museum requires that students and chaperones remain together at all times.
Prepare your students
- Discuss Museum Manners.
- Learn about Mill City’s signature experiences.
- Discover more about the museum in Mill City Museum A Social Story (PDF).
- Share the two-minute introduction video.
Watch video Mill City Museum Field Trip on YouTube
Mill City Museum welcomes all visitors and strives to make everyone's visit a positive experience. Please let us know if your group has anyone with special accommodation needs. Call 1-888-387-5008 to discuss your access needs.
- Auxiliary aids or services, including sign language interpreters, are available with two weeks' notice
- Limited number of wheelchairs are available on site for use during your visit
- Private spaces and restrooms are available for diaper changing and tube feeding
- More about Mill City Museum accessibility
The day of your visit
- Give bus drivers directions and parking map (PDF).
- Give chaperones a list of the students in their group and scheduled activities.
- Divide students into groups according to confirmation materials.
When you arrive at Mill City Museum
- Unload buses in front of Mill City Museum’s South 2nd Street entrance. See bus directions and parking (PDF).
- Check in at the Ticket Desk.
- Give an accurate count of the number of students and adults to the School Programs Facilitator.
- Students will enjoy a brief orientation before starting their exploration.
- Running late? Please call 612-341-7555.
- Late or early arrivals will impact your schedule and activities for the day.
Mill City Museum
704 South Second St.
Minneapolis, MN 55401
View on map | Bus directions and parking (PDF)
- $8 per student
- District staff free
- One free adult per five students. Additional chaperones invoiced at student rate.
No payment will be accepted the day of the field trip. All schools will be invoiced after their trip. For more information see our Program Policies.
Cancellations must be received 14 days before your trip. See our Program Policies. Contact us at 1-888-387-5008 if you need to reschedule.
- Length: 2.25 hours
- Learn about your experience
- Schedule your field trip
- Prepare for your day
Scholarships, grants, and subsidies
Apply for the McKnight Foundation Scholarship or other grants and subsidies.
Virtual field trips
Take your students on a virtual field trip! Professional educators bring standards-based topics directly to your students during a live video call. Learn more.