Mill City Museum is located in downtown Minneapolis on the west bank of the Mississippi River near the corner of Park Avenue and South 2nd Street.
Mill City Museum is accessible from the Blue and Green Lines via the U.S. Bank Stadium Station. Walk west 1/2 block to Park Avenue, then north on Park Avenue 4 short blocks.
Metro Transit bus #22 runs on Washington Avenue, one block southwest of the museum.
Several Nice Ride Minnesota bike rental stations are located nearby. Bike racks are located on the south, east, and west sides of the building.
The museum is located between two bike-friendly streets: South 2nd Street has a bike lane, and West River Parkway is part of the Minneapolis Trails & Parkways system.
Mill City Museum does not have its own parking lot or ramp but there are many nearby options that are owned by the City of Minneapolis. Please note that Mill City Museum is not able to validate parking.
- Mill Quarter Ramp, 711 South Second St.
The fully automated ramp accepts cash and credit cards for daily parking. Parking fees range from $3 to $7. Fees increase during U.S. Bank Stadium events and Guthrie Theater performances.
- Riverfront Municipal Ramp, 212 9th Ave S
Located one block away from the museum, across South 2nd Street from the Guthrie Theater.
- Parking meters, 2-hour limit
City parking meters are located outside the main entrance on South 2nd Street, and many other meters and parking options can be found within several blocks of the museum. The 2-hour time limit is strictly enforced, though that is usually enough time for a museum visit. The city of Minneapolis interactive parking meter map can be used to find meter restrictions and rates during stadium events.
- Additional parking
There are a variety of options (free on-street parking, meters, ramps) across the river from the museum in the St. Anthony Main and Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood areas. Enjoy a short and scenic walk across the Mississippi River on the Stone Arch Bridge to get to the museum.
Bus drop-off and pick-up
Mill City Museum provides a bus drop-off and pick-up zone directly in front of our main entrance on South 2nd Street. Look for the red-capped meters and signs. The bus zone is limited to Tuesdays through Fridays, October through May, from 9 am–2 pm. Please note that this bus zone is for drop-off and pick-up only; no bus parking or idling is allowed.
Bus parking options
Mill City Museum does not provide bus parking, and bus parking options in the area are limited. Groups wishing to make arrangements on their own have these options:
- Buses can park at city parking meters, provided they pay the meters and obey posted time and date restrictions. No idling is allowed at any meter.
- Groups can contract directly with a private parking lot (ABM and Impark own pay lots in the area) to pre-arrange paid bus parking.
- Groups can contact the city of Minneapolis to pay to have hooded parking meters in the area for your buses. In addition to the hooding and lost revenue fees, this also requires a (free) obstruction permit from the city.