Gather information before you schedule
- School name, address and phone number
- Name of group contact who will receive confirmation materials
- Grade level(s)
- Date and time you want to schedule your visit, with two alternate dates
- Number of students
- Number of chaperones
- Accommodations for special needs your group requires. Mill City Museum accessibility
Field trip details
Field trip hours & availability
- Field trips to Mill City Museum are available on Thursdays and Fridays, beginning January 6, 2022. Two time slots are available: 9:45 am–12:00 pm or 11:45 am–2:00 pm.
- All groups need to have 10 or more students. Advanced reservations are required two weeks prior to any field trip. Changes less than two weeks prior to field trip date may not be available.
- Maximum lesson capacity is 30 students. Groups larger than 30 students will be divided.
- Due to capacity some adults may not be able to participate in the Flour Tower experience.
- There is no lunch space or lunch storage available.
Reduced program costs
Any school in Minnesota with 50% or more of its students enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program is eligible for a reduction in museum costs. Ask the scheduler about available discounts.
Transportation, admission, and lodging support
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs and provides free admission to Mill City Museum for metro-area public schools. Limited to visits in January, February, and March.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs. Available to schools statewide.
- MacMillan Field Trip Grants Program helps offset transportation and lodging costs to schools in Greater Minnesota.
- $8 per student
- District staff free
- One free adult per five students. Additional chaperones invoiced at student rate.
No payment will be accepted the day of the field trip. All schools will be invoiced after their trip. For more information see our Program Policies.
Scholarships, grants, and subsidies
Virtual field trips
Take your students on a virtual field trip! Professional educators bring standards-based topics directly to your students during a live video call. Learn more.