Schedule Your Field Trip: Mill City Museum
Gather information before you schedule
- School name, address and phone number
- Name of group contact who will receive confirmation materials
- Grade level(s)
- Date and time you want to schedule your visit, with two alternate dates
- Number of students
- Number of chaperones
- Accommodations for special needs your group requires. Mill City Museum accessibility
Field trip details
Field trip hours & availability
- School Year Field Trips available on Thursdays and Fridays with two timeslots daily:
- 9:45am – 12:00pm
- 11:45am – 2:00pm
- Summer Field Trips are available on Thursdays and Fridays with two timeslots daily:
- 9:45am – 11:45am
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Summer Field Trips are also available on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00-2:00pm.
- All groups need to have 10 or more students. Advanced reservations are required two weeks prior to any field trip. Changes less than two weeks prior to the field trip date may not be available.
- Due to capacity some adults may not be able to participate in the Flour Tower experience.
- There is no lunch space or lunch storage available.
- Groups larger than 30 students will be split into multiple groups for their visit.
Reduced program costs
Any school in Minnesota with 50% or more of its students enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program is eligible for a reduction in museum costs. Ask the scheduler about available discounts.
Transportation, admission, and lodging support
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs and provides free admission to Mill City Museum for metro-area public schools.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs. Available to schools statewide.
- MacMillan Field Trip Grants Program helps offset transportation and lodging costs to schools in Greater Minnesota.
No payment will be accepted the day of the field trip. All schools will be invoiced after their trip. For more information see our Program Policies.
2.25 hours (School Year Field Trips)
2 hours (Summer Field Trips)
- Learn about what is included in school year and summer field trips
- Schedule your field trip
- Prepare for your day
Scholarships, grants, and subsidies
Take your students on a virtual field trip! Professional educators bring standards-based topics directly to your students during a live video call.