Exhibits To Go! Hosting Requirements for Coming of Age: The 1968 Generation
Coming of Age: The 1968 Generation features six (6) retractable banner graphics, a hands-on magnetic graphic interactive, a hands-on record album flip interactive, a hands-on 1968 memory element, a two-user computer interactive challenge, and a media kiosk with music and news of the period highlighting growing up and coming of age in 1968 Minnesota.
- Minimum space for exhibit: main space of 22’-0” x 10-0” (this allows 3’-0” for circulation around the main exhibit, the three hands-on interactives, the computer challenge and circulation around the touch-screen interactive media kiosk). Please remember to allow space for venue created local content exhibit components.
- Minimum space requirements plan (PDF 93.87 KB)
- Ideal space for exhibit: main space of 25’-0”x 14'-0” with additional space for venue created local content exhibit components.
- Crate COA #1: One (1) cube crate (22”W x 22”L x 14”D, approx weight 45 lbs.) for miscellaneous exhibit hardware, media kiosk cords, media kiosk and cabinet carpet base pads, etc.
- Crate COA #2: One (1) cube crate (16”H x 51”L x 13”D, approx weight 80 lbs.) for retractable banner graphics, larger exterior AD Banner, smaller interior AD banner roll, and AD banner conduit.
- Crate COA #3: One (1) cube crate (23”H x 42”L x 17”D, approx weight 80 lbs.) for half of the 1968 Memories Interactive.
- Crate COA #4: One (1) cube crate (23”H x 42”L x 17”D, approx weight 80 lbs.) for the other half of the 1968 Memories Interactive.
- Crate COA #5: One (1) cube crate (14”H x 18”L x 14”D, approx weight 20 lbs.) for the Record Flip Interactive.
- Crate COA #6: One (1) cube crate (44”H x 52”L x 7”D, approx weight 100 lbs.) for the Magnetic Graphic Interactive.
- One (1) Media Kiosk packed in two packing blankets and associated straps, approx weight 110 lbs.
- Four (4) four-wheel dollies
- One (1) tool bag with: set up/operating manual, set-up/operating tools, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Shipping plan (PDF 100.77 KB)
- Main exhibit panels: six (6) retractable banner graphics.
- Hands-on interactive: one (1) record album flip interactive.
- Hands-on interactive: one (1) magnetic magazine graphic interactive.
- Hands-on interactive: one (1) 1968 memories engagement interactive.
- Media kiosk: one (1) touch-screen interactive media kiosk.
- Visitor comment binder.
Host supplied items
No insurance is required from the host organization. All Minnesota Historical Society Traveling Exhibits Program exhibits are covered by an MNHS “wall to wall” fine arts insurance policy, with standard exclusions, while in transit and on display. Estimated replacement value of Coming of Age: the 1968 Generation is $42,500.00.
Exhibit power requirements
Two (2) 20-amp three-prong (grounded) circuits.
Staff / Volunteers required for set-up/take-down
Two (2) minimum, three (3) to four (4) preferred.
Tools required for set-up/take-down
No tools are required; all are provided with the exhibit.
Host organization is required to provide general lighting for the exhibit. No special lighting or climate control is required for this exhibit.
Host organization is required to provide the following tables:
- One (1) 30”W x 96”L folding table for the 1968 memories engagement interactive and the visitor comment binder.
- One (1) 30”W x 72”L folding table for the record album flip interactives.
- One (1) 30”W x 72”L folding table for the magnetic magazine graphic interactive.
- Host organizations are required to provide transportation for the exhibit. Each host site arranges and pays to get the exhibit from the previous host site, or from MNHS at the start of the seasonal tour cycle.
- MNHS will pick up the exhibit from the last host organization’s site at the end of the seasonal tour cycle.