Every object tells a story, and Collections Up Close presents short, illustrated features that highlight the stories behind selected items in the Minnesota Historical Society's collections. Most are written by MHS staff members engaged in collecting, preserving, and interpreting these tangible pieces of Minnesota history, while others have been previously published in Minnesota History as "From the Collections," "Curator's Choice," and "TimePieces."
"Recent Acquisitions" highlight objects recently acquired by the Minnesota Historical Society.
- Huggins Diary
- Northwest Airlines Stewardess Scrapbook
- Map of the Sioux Reserve, 1859
- Winter Carnival Coats
- Stillwater State Prison Log
- Murray County School Records
- Daguerreian Portrait of Joel E. Whitney
- Sinclair Lewis's Mantrap
- St. Paul Police Department Mug Shots
- "Midnight" by Candy Kuehn
- Olmsted County Coroner Records
- Col. Henry C. Lester Civil War Sword
- Statehood Centennial Commission Records
- Bob Dylan's 1960 "Minnesota Party Tape"
- 1858 "Treaty of Washington"
- Norwegian Dolls