The application period for the 2016-2017 school year is now closed.
Waryaa is a high school teen program that explores what it means to be Somali in Minnesota. Students will explore the history of the Minnesota community and their place within it. This program explores cultural heritage preservation through food and the stories from their community.
Waryaa meets on Saturdays at Mill City Museum in Minneapolis every Saturday from 9:00am-1:00pm. This program starts on September 24, 2016 and continues through May 13, 2017. Students are expected to participate for the entire school year.
Your success in this program depends on your ability to:
- be a contributing and communicative member of the group through discussions and projects
- be self-motivated and able to work on some projects outside of your meeting time
- be on time for meetings as specified in the position description
- be available to commit 4 hours on Saturdays each week
- show enthusiasm and passion for history, museums and/or the arts
Because there are a limited number of placements available, you will not be invited for an interview until the following forms are received by TAC staff:
- Complete an online application, so we know your interests, your experience and your availability.
- Provide two letters of recommendation (PDF) from a teacher, coach or other non-family reference.
- Under 18? We'll need a signed permission form (PDF), with parent/guardian permission.
- A background check if you are over 18 years old. (You will be asked to provide your social security number, date of birth and past residences to complete this.)
Contact Jessica Hobson at email@example.com or 651-259-3485