Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Minnesota Historical Society! We are currently working working to place a large number of existing applicants and we have temporarily stopped accepting new volunteer applications. Please check back often for updates.
Here is the application process:
1. Complete an Online Application, so we know your interests, your experience and your availability.
2. Under 18? Complete a Student Addendum (PDF), with parent/guardian permission and two references, in addition to the online application.
3. We'll contact you about the next steps, depending on your interests and qualifications.
4. If your interest matches an opening, you'll meet with a staff person involved with that project to learn more. (We'll set that up, too.)
5. If you are over 18, you will be required to complete a background check authorization, which will require your Social Security Number, your birth date and prior residence. All volunteers must pass our background check.
Contact us at email@example.com.