Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Minnesota Historical Society!
We have temporarily stopped accepting new applications while we work to place a large number of applicants already on file.
When applications open again, this will be the application process:
1. Complete an Online Application, so we know your interests, your experience and your availability.
2. Under 18? Complete a Student Addendum with parent/guardian permission and two references, in addition to the online application. (student.addendum.recommendation.form_.pdf)
3. We'll contact you about the next steps, depending on your interests and qualifications.
4. If your interest matches an opening, you'll meet with a staff person involved with that project to learn more. (We'll set that up, too.)
5. If you are over 18, you will be required to complete a background check authorization, which will require your Social Security Number, your birth date and prior residence. All volunteers must pass our background check.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.