At Historic Fort Snelling, Minnesota’s best-known historic place, you’ll explore powerful and diverse stories of American history told nowhere else. Plan your visit today!
Keeping us all safe
Our priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers. Please read for details about health and safety precautions:
- Face masks are encouraged but not required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- MNHS sites reserve the right to request masking in areas where social distancing is unavailable, in confined spaces, or in areas with limited air circulation.
- We are conducting enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces and providing hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- If you are feeling sick, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently had COVID-19, please visit us another time.
Note: There is road closure due to construction between Highway 13 and Highway 5 for westbound drivers on Highway 62 through mid-June. Details.
The new visitor center will open in 2022! Learn more about the Historic Fort Snelling Revitalization Project.