New phone? New address? Let us know.
Help us stay in touch with you. Please let us know if there has been a change in your phone number, address, email address, emergency contacts or employer. Take a moment to update your record here: VicNet for Volunteers
Use your email for the username and select the "Need a password" link to sign in. After you log in, you can change your password to something you prefer. If you have questions email us at email@example.com.
Done by Volunteers & Interns Blog
Check out projects, programs, and much more that MNHS volunteers and interns dedicate their time and efforts to. Visit our Done by Volunteers and Interns blog.
We love our volunteers! MNHS volunteers don't just receive our heartfelt appreciation. There are many other rewards to volunteering here. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Perks For All Active Volunteers
- Free admission to special exhibit previews, tours and classes
- Free parking & pro-rated bus passes for active volunteers
- 10% discount in museum stores
- MNHS Orientation including a behind-the-scenes collections tour at the Minnesota History Center
- Recognition events & special programs exclusively for volunteers
- Access to break areas on days when you are volunteering
- Food & beverage discounts on the days you are working at sites with cafés (ask your volunteer coordinator for details)
Volunteers are required to wear or show their nametag to receive most benefits.
Perks For Volunteers With 50+ Annual Hours
Volunteers who contribute 50+ hours of service during one calendar year earn free household admission to all MNHS historic sites and museums. These volunteers receive a special volunteer ID card at the end of the year, which can be used as a pass for free admission for the following year.
New Volunteer Orientation
After you become a volunteer, join us for a New Volunteer Orientation session. Learn about the Minnesota Historical Society and take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the Minnesota History Center. You'll hear about our work from staff experts and see rare artifacts in our collections. Note: Orientation sessions are held at the Minnesota History Center. Those who register will be notified of the room within two weeks of the tour.
Choose a time in 2019:
- Tuesday, January 29, 8:45 am-Noon
- Tuesday, April 30, 8:45 am-Noon
- Tuesday, August 20, 5:45-8 pm (evening session)
- Tuesday, October 22, 8:45 am-Noon
Complete the Orientation Registration Form. ***Registration is required.
Questions? Contact Michelle Jorges at 651-259-3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.