New phone? New address? Let us know.
Help us stay in touch with you. Please let us know if there's been a change in your phone number, address, email address, emergency contacts or employer. Take a moment to update your record: VicNet for Volunteers
Use your email for the username and your pin number for the password. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love our volunteers! MNHS volunteers not only receive our heartfelt appreciation. There are many other rewards to volunteering here. Special events, educational opportunities and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Perks For All Active Volunteers
- Free admission to special exhibit previews, tours and classes.
- Free parking & pro-rated bus passes for active volunteers.
- 10% discount in museum stores.
- MNHS Orientation including a behind-the-scenes collections tour at the Minnesota History Center.
- Recognition events & special programs exclusively for volunteers.
- Access to break areas on days when you are volunteering.
- Food & beverage discounts on the days you are working at sites with cafes (ask your volunteer coordinator for details).
Volunteers are required to wear or show their nametag to receive most benefits.
Perks For Volunteers With 50+ Annual Hours
Free household admission to all MNHS historic sites and museums for volunteers who contribute 50+ hours of service during one calendar year. These volunteers receive a special volunteer ID card at the end of the year, which can be used as a pass for free admission for the following year.
New Volunteer Orientation
Join us for a New Volunteer Orientation session. Learn about the Minnesota Historical Society and take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the Minnesota History Center. You'll hear about our work from staff experts and see rare artifacts in our collections. Note: Orientation begins in the Fraternal Congress Classroom at the Minnesota History Center.
Choose a time:
- Tuesday, April 29, 8:30 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (evening)
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, 8:30 a.m. to Noon
Reserve Your Place:
Complete the Orientation Registration Form.
Questions? Contact Michelle Jorges at 651-259-3190 or email@example.com.