Take a fascinating glimpse into a transformational time in history and hear stories that bring this 1891 house to life.
Guided House Tour
Thursday – Sunday, January – November
Learn about James J. Hill’s influence on the region and about his network of family members, servants, workers, and guests. Marvel at the impressive house details such as chandeliers, stained glass, and hand-carved woodwork sprawled throughout the home.
Admission includes self-guided access to the first floor of the mansion and a 60-minute guided tour of the entire house.
- Tours depart every half-hour from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
- $8‑12; MNHS members and children ages 4 & under free
Holidays on the Hill Tour
November 25–December 31, 2022
Experience Christmas, 1910—both upstairs and downstairs—in the sumptuous Gilded Age mansion of railroad titan James J. Hill. Admission includes self-guided access to holiday-themed exhibits and a 60-minute guided tour highlighting holiday stories and memories from both the Hill family and their staff.
- Tours are 60 minutes, starting every half-hour based on availability
- Last tour begins at 3:30 pm
- $18; children ages 4 & under free. MNHS members save 20%.