Many kinds of help are available during a Virtual Hullabaloo
Power Conferences: Individualized History Day Project Help
- Schedule a Power Conference with History Day: History Day staff members and mentors will be available for power conference appointments to talk about your History day project. Sign up for an appointment in advance of the Hullabaloo, day-of appointments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Meetings will take place via Zoom and last twenty minutes. Your confirmation email will include more information, including your power conference link. *If you have additional questions about accessibility or need additional support in order to participate, please contact Sammi Jo. Accommodation requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance of each event.
- Drop-in Video Help: If you missed the sign-up for a power conference, there may be last minute openings for help. Follow the "Hullabaloo Help" link from the virtual classroom you receive access to after signing in to talk to a History Day staff member via Zoom.
- Miss the Hullabaloo? You can get help by emailing a History Day TA at any time or joining our History Day help chat during scheduled hours.
- Join a Mini-Lesson: Follow the mini-lesson link in the Virtual Hullabaloo to join. Mini-lessons will be presented via Zoom and will last thirty minutes. The schedule of mini lessons for each Hullabaloo is available online.
- Miss the Mini-Lesson? The Minnesota History Day website has many resources for you to explore the theme, choose a topic, assist with research, and create a project.
Research Help from Librarians
- Chat with a Librarian anytime to get help on your History Day research. This chat gives you a chance to connect with librarians and get research help for your topic. AskMN librarians can help you:
- Search eLibraryMN for digital resources
- Learn about how to use keywords to search a database and find best content
- Learn how to find resources through your public library or sign up for a library card
Before the Hullabaloo
- Sign up for a twenty minute Power Conference in advance to ensure your spot. Sign up closes twelve hours before the event for Power Conferences. In the confirmation email, you will receive instructions about Hullabaloo sign-in information and Power Conference access.
- Review our event guidelines and permissions with a parent/guardian so you know what to expect when you participate in a Virtual Hullabaloo.
- Get your library card ready. You can access many resources without your library card, but having a card may give you access to more resources from your county library.
Day of the Hullabaloo
- Come back to this webpage and sign in to the Hullabaloo, located in the yellow box at the top of this page. The sign-in link will not appear when the event is not running.
- You will be required to sign-in via Google Form to access the event. Participants and their parent/guardian will need to acknowledge the expectations in order to participate.
- An automated email will provide you a link to a Google Slides presentation. You do not need a Google account to access the document. If your school's security settings does not allow you to access Google documents created outside of your district you can try opening the event in a private/incognito tab or have a parent log in using a personal account. Do not request access to the document as we are unable to grant it to restricted accounts.
- Didn't get a chance to sign up for a Power Conference ahead of time? No problem! On the day of the event, you can still sign-in to the event and participate in Mini-Lessons or Research Help. Power Conferences may be available day of, but are first-come, first-serve for available spots.
If you need visual or hearing accommodations to participate in the Hullabaloo, please contact Sammi Jo.
Virtual Hullabaloo Schedule 2020-2021
There are no more Hullabaloos scheduled in 2020-2021.
Thank you to our Hullabaloo partners
These events are made possible through the support of the state of Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Legacy funding by:
- Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA), Arrowhead Library System, Southeastern Libraries Cooperating (SELCO)
Librarians throughout Minnesota are dedicating their time and support to History Day students this year. These particular libraries are staffing Hullabaloos together:
- Duluth Public Library and University of Minnesota Libraries